NEW WOODLAND CREATION
Planting for the future, inline with key Government objectives
Due to the concerns over climate change, the Government is investing substantially more funding into woodland creation with attractive grant aid packages. We offer a service that focuses on the owner’s objectives, whether they are timber production, sporting, conservation or amenity.
The potential lack of subsidies due to the unstable political climate has presented an opportunity for landowners and farmers to invest in forestry as an alternative land use in agriculture which could provide a stable, sustainable income source.
With tree diseases becoming much more of a concern, we aim to produce woodland planting schemes which are robust using species suited to the site.
- Up to date advice tailored to the owner’s objectives and site conditions
- Grant Applications – Glastir Woodland Creation (GWC), and the England Woodland Grant Scheme (EWGS)
Design and Establishment:
- Site survey and GIS mapping
- Schemes designed to match to soils, landscapes, locality and risks, ensuring high survival rates and an aesthetically pleasing result
- Extensive knowledge of establishment technology
- Full contracting service
- Woodland planting
- Vegetation control